Go Back   LiquidNinjas.com - Overclocking, Liquid Cooling > LiquidNinjas Site Forums > Sponsorship Forums
LiquidNinjas.com Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Sidebar On

Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Player0
I need a vacation.

Server Move and How You Can Help!

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank everyone here for their help in the past either financially, with hardware donations, or simply by being helpful with the forums. In about 4 months, and unless my math is wrong, LiquidNinjas will become 7 years old. A lot has changed in that time. While I'm saddened to see this site go from 400,000 unique hits per month to under 50,000 in the past couple years, I know my time has gone in to better things such as work and family. LN has always been a hobby for me and the moment it became work I lost interest in it. I'm still very active in overclocking and cooling and gaming and hardware but I don't often share what I'm doing or have done. It takes a lot of effort to share the information, take pictures, do reviews, and there are a lot of other sites with people with a lot more money and time for it than me.

I cut my PHP legs on LN and DCsig and messing around with both has been great for my personal career. As a side effect, I can't sit at work and write reviews and posts like I used to in the past. The people I work with would be smart enough to find where I'm posting and when I'm posting it So no more slacking off for Player0. Which is why DCSig is never finished...

I have no intention on letting LN go anywhere though. If it's a chat site for friends and we all go elsewhere to get our information than that's fine. I hope you will all continue to help share your projects here though. I'll continue to maintain and pay for the server and bandwidth for my own pursuits. I will be moving the server from our current host to Amazon EC2 very shortly.

This is a great time to upgrade LN software. vbulletin, photopost, vbportal all cost money to upgrade. These upgrades add features and security to the website. They're probably fine as is but I am taking donations at this time.

You can send paypal payments to paypal@liquidninjas.com. Do not send messages to me at that email address since I will not see them. Any amount is helpful and I will use the donations to improve LN directly.

Since this site is yours as much as mine, I am also willing to listen to any votes for change. If there are any changes I can make to the site to make it better please let me know your thoughts. My iron like grip on certain rules may be a bit more relaxed now. We'll see what happens

My Blog | My Twitter | DCStats | My Leaderboard | Games List
Cid: (gaming only) (build date: 11/07)
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 ????MHz (@>4100MHz)
Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi (FSB: ???MHz)
2G Corsair XMS3 TW3X2G1600C9DHX 1600MHz (????MHz @ 9-9-9-24)
MSI NX8800 Ultra (720MHz/1580MHz GPU 1250MHz RAM)
Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Power Supply
Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Swiftech Apogee GTX Cu (CPU)
EK NB/SB-5 (Northbridge)
EK NB/SB Asus 4 (Southbridge)
2x EK Mosfet Asus 3a (Mosfets)
DangerDen 8800GTX Waterblock (GPU)
Laing D4 Pump
Laing D5 Pump
BlackIce Xtreme 2x120mm Radiator
BlackIce Xtreme 120mm Radiator
CPU Full Load Temps: ??c @ ??c Ambient (?.??v Under Load)
3dMark06 16433 | 3dMark05 ??? | SuperPi 1M 15.047s
Currently Playing: WoW WoTLK, Fallout3
Player0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Player0
I need a vacation.

Oh! I don't know if I made it public yet why we'll be moving servers. LayeredTech raised their rates a while ago by a substantial amount and now I'm paying well over market rate for the service I'm getting. $151/mo to be exact. That's damn near a car payment. Amazon will cut that cost down by maybe half and I'll get more performance. Plus I can do some many much needed upgrades to PHP, MySQL, Apache, etc in the process since I'm currently running an ancient Fedora Core 5 install.

My Blog | My Twitter | DCStats | My Leaderboard | Games List
Cid: (gaming only) (build date: 11/07)
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 ????MHz (@>4100MHz)
Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi (FSB: ???MHz)
2G Corsair XMS3 TW3X2G1600C9DHX 1600MHz (????MHz @ 9-9-9-24)
MSI NX8800 Ultra (720MHz/1580MHz GPU 1250MHz RAM)
Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W Power Supply
Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Swiftech Apogee GTX Cu (CPU)
EK NB/SB-5 (Northbridge)
EK NB/SB Asus 4 (Southbridge)
2x EK Mosfet Asus 3a (Mosfets)
DangerDen 8800GTX Waterblock (GPU)
Laing D4 Pump
Laing D5 Pump
BlackIce Xtreme 2x120mm Radiator
BlackIce Xtreme 120mm Radiator
CPU Full Load Temps: ??c @ ??c Ambient (?.??v Under Load)
3dMark06 16433 | 3dMark05 ??? | SuperPi 1M 15.047s
Currently Playing: WoW WoTLK, Fallout3
Player0 is offline   Reply With Quote